If you love basketball and like to know the in and outs of your favorite teams, then NBA League Pass is your go-to service. It will grant you access to live matches, replays, and live scores so you won’t have to miss a beat. However, whether you are in the US, UK, Australia, Canada, or anywhere in the world, tapping into NBA League Pass can be a rough ride sometimes. From different prices in different locations to blackouts restrictions, one needs a way to walk around those obstacles, and that way is a VPN of course. In this review, we will be shedding light on the best VPN providers for the perfect basketball streaming experience.
Best VPN for NBA League Pass – A Brief Gander
All of the NBA fans out there love streaming matches. But some inherent setbacks are hard for fans, especially for cord cutters. However, the right VPN will solve all these problems. Choosing the best VPN out there will take too much of your time and might cost you a lot of money. That’s why we did that task for you. In this guide, you will find 4 of the best VPNs in the world based on our tests. All you have to do is to decide which features suit you best. Now, check the list below to get a small idea of what’s to come next:
Save Money and Bypass NBA LP Blackouts with a VPN
The cost of subscribing to League Pass varies across countries. The US version costs less than the international one. So if you’re an expat or someone that happens to live overseas, just use a VPN to connect to an American server. With a US IP address, you will be able to benefit from the prices in the United States instead of paying more wherever you are.
That one is easy, but the bigger problem we face with NBA LP are blackout restrictions. Blackouts happen whenever a local TV provider has the exclusive right to the game in his area. This means that NBA LP will not be allowed to stream the game in that area. In this case, you can connect to a server in a different state, spoofing your location to a region outside the one subject to the blackout, granting you unfettered access to the game. Want more details? Just follow the steps below:
- Sign up with a VPN provider, make sure they have servers across the US.
- Download and install the VPN application on your Android, iOS, PC, and Mac.
- Sign in with your VPN account and connect to a server following the instructions above.
- Launch NBA League Pass (You need to have a subscription, don’t forget that).
- Watch all the live swishes and dunks with no blackouts.
With that said, it’s time to look at each VPN individually so you can choose which one to use.
Top VPN for NBA League Pass – The Ideal Four
There is no shortage of VPN providers but we hand-picked 4 that we personally tested for this kind of situation. When a hard decision such as this is concerned, you have to look thoroughly at the features that any VPN possesses. From the number of servers and protocols to a good support and cash-back options, these are the highlights of a perfect VPN. These VPNs will definitely bring NBA LP streaming to a whole new level, you just have to see which one is the best for you. Now, without further ado, these are the top VPN providers in great detail.
- Available on Almost Every Platform Imaginable
- 30-Day Money-Back Guarantee
- Split Tunneling
- Unmatched Server Network Coverage
- Headquartered in British Virgin Islands
- Above Average Price
- Only 3 Simultaneous Connections
We kick off our list with none other than the British Virgin Islands-based ExpressVPN. Even though it’s a bit risky since the UK is considered a 14 Eyes associate, yet there’s no doubt that this one is one the best in the world. This VPN has a lot of servers scattered around the world and it supports different kinds of protocols to give you different options based on your needs. In addition, ExpressVPN respects your privacy and doesn’t keep any log on your browsing activities. Did you fall in love yet? Wait, there’s more. Take a look at what this VPN has to offer:
- 148 server locations in 94 countries.
- Zero log policy.
- MediaStream Smart DNS to unblock geo-restricted channels and watch anything online.
- OpenVPN with TCP and UDP, SSTP, L2TP/IPsec, PPTP are supported protocols and they come with AES with 256-bit keys encryption.
- A Kill Switch if any sudden connection drop happens.
- Unlimited Bandwidth
- Connects to 3 simultaneous devices. Protect your Android, iOS, and PC at the same time for example.
- Around the clock customer support via live chat.
- No free trials (a bummer).
- 30-day money-back guarantee.
- Costs 12.95$ dollars a month, 9.99$ with a 6-months plan, and 8.32$ with a yearly plan.
- Available for MacOS, PC, Android, and iOS
- 30-Day Money-Back Guarantee
- Kill Switch & Unlimited Server Connections
- Free DNS Proxy
- Servers Hosted in Top Tier Countries
- Only 3 Simultaneous Connections
- Above Average Price
With BulletVPN, nothing will be able to pierce your online security. This VPN doesn’t have that many servers, yet it still has the best variety of protocols between all 4. HQ is based in Estonia, so the 14 Eyes don’t have any eyes on this particular provider. A lot can be said about this VPN, so we’re just gonna list them below to save some time. Check it out and tell us what you think:
- Servers around 30 different countries including the US, UK, Canada, Australia, and Germany.
- Doesn’t keep logs.
- Smart DNS available.
- Supports PPTP, L2TP, OpenVPN, IKEv1, and IKEv2 protocols.
- Includes a Kill Switch.
- Unlimited bandwidth.
- Connects 3 devices at once.
- 24/7 email and live chat support.
- Free trials are not available.
- 30-days cash-back policy if you ever change your mind.
- $10.98 per month, $54.98 for 6 months, and $89.98 per year.
Just like the French aircraft manufacturer Nord Aviation, NordVPN will take you anywhere you want in the world. How? Thousands of servers are available to you if you want to virtually travel around the globe. Bypassing geo-restrictions has become so much easier with NordVPN. And that’s not just it, for extra protection, you can now connect to 2 servers at once with its double VPN feature. It’s real guys. Want more? Scroll down:
- 4960+ servers in 62 different countries.
- No logs are kept while browsing.
- Cybersec to protect you from websites that try to infect your device with malware, spyware, or any other malicious software.
- OpenVPN protocol with both TCP and UDP ports, as well as IKEv2/IPsec.
- Strong encryption algorithms and ciphers such as AES-256-CBC with a 2048-bit DH key.
- Double VPN feature, for double privacy and an extra protection layer.
- An automatic Kill Switch.
- 6 connected devices at the same time.
- 24/7 award-winning VPN support.
- 30-day cash-back.
- 1 Month for 11.95$, 6 months for 9$ a month, and 1 year for 6.99$ a month.
- Good Speeds
- Trusted Apps & WiFi Networks' List is Handy
- Robust Security Features (DNS & Cloud)
- Beautiful Design
- Works on Many Platforms
- Some Glitches Here and There
- Kill Switch Behaves Rather Oddly
- Only 3 Simultaneous Connections for the Basic Subscription
- Server Network Could Have Been Better
VyprVPN has only one setback, it keeps logs. In essence, a VPN shouldn’t do that since it adds risk to the user’s anonymity. However, VyprVPN certainly redeems itself with what it can offer its subscribers. Read ahead and see for yourselves:
- 700+ servers over 6 continents.
- It keeps logs.
- Supports Zero-knowledge Smart DNS. When you use VyprVPN, you directly activate VyprDNS as well, this will help you protect yourself and unlock geo-blocked content anytime.
- Has high-level security servers for P2P sharing, downloading torrents is as safe as it gets.
- Supports OpenVPN, L2TP/IPSec, and PPTP protocols.
- A kill switch to protect you in the even of a sudden connection drop.
- Simultaneous devices depend on the user’s subscription: 3 per regular, 5 per premium.
- 24/7 live chat support.
- 30-day cash back policy.
- Regular: 9.95$ per month; Premium: 12.95$/month.
You’re probably scratching your head right about now. Guys, it’s a very easy process, we already covered the hard part. I use ExpressVPN and I’m a very satisfied customer. I provided you with 4 top VPNs, just read each one’s specifications and choose whatever is right for you. Don’t stress it, pick one and you’ll enjoy NBA League Pass.
NBA LP Supported Devices
Here is a list of devices that are compatible with NBA LP:
- Amazon Fire
- Apple TV
- Xbox One
Best VPN for NBA League Pass – Final Thoughts
We covered the 4 elite VPN providers perfect for this job. NBA League Pass is the ultimate method for watching live games in a basketball fan’s life. However, without a VPN, it can be restricted and we don’t want that. So just read what we had to say, make up your mind, pick a VPN provider, the ball is in your court this time.