What better way to end 2018 other than beating Steve Davis’ record? Well, Champion Ronnie O’Sullivan is heading to York for the UK Snooker Championship in the hopes of scoring his seventh title. Fans of the Englishman can stream the Betway Championship live from November 27 to December 9 live on the BBC iPlayer. However, if you happen to live outside the UK, then get yourself a VPN and follow this guide.
How to Watch the 2018 UK Snooker Championship Live with a VPN
The 2018 event will run from Tuesday, November 27 to Sunday, December 9 and take place at the York Barbican once again. All 128 players will start in the first round in York and each needs to win 7 matches to reach the top of the list and snatch the title, along with £170,000.
The entire first round takes place over the first three days and the BBC will be covering that and the whole tournament till December 9th. But as we all know, the BBC iPlayer is blocked outside the UK region. Therefore, a VPN for expats and travelers abroad is a must.
A VPN reroutes your internet traffic through a secure private tunnel. It connects your device to one of its remote servers in any of a number of countries. Once a connection is established, you’ll get an IP from the country where the server is located and appear to be browsing from there. In our case, you need a UK server for the BBC iPlayer. With a UK IP address, the BBC will think that are currently within its area of coverage. As a result, you will have full access to its streaming material, including the 2018 UK Snooker Championship.
Here’s how you use a VPN to unblock BBC outside the UK:
- Sign up for a VPN service, ExpressVPN is probably what you’re looking for.
- Download and install the VPN app on your Android, iOS, PC, or Mac.
- Launch the VPN app and connect to a server in the UK.
- Head over to the BBC’s website or the iPlayer app.
- Stream the UK Championship 2018 live online anywhere you are in the world.
Unblocking the BBC iPlayer is quite easy with ExpressVPN. A reputable VPN like this one proves its dominance among other providers with what it offers its users. On the other hand, there are other top VPN providers to use in the UK, check them out below.
The 2018 UK Snooker Championship – Inside the Tournament
All the details so far are presented in the following list:
Tuesday, November 27th at 14:30
- Yuan Sijun (Chn) v Ken Doherty (Ire)
- Zhou Yuelong Chn) v Soheil Vahedi (Irn)
- Michael Georgiou (Cyp) v Luo Honghao (Chn)
- Jack Lisowski (Eng) v Zhang Jiankang (Chn)
- Lyu Haotian (Chn) v Tian Pengfei (Chn)
- Martin O’Donnell (Eng) v Xu Si (Chn)
- Ding Junhui (Chn) v Adam Stefanow (Eng)
- Neil Robertson (Aus) v Kishan Hirani (Wal)
Tuesday, November 27th at 19:30
- Ben Woollaston (Eng) v Alfie Burden (Eng)
- Matthew Selt (Eng) v Zhang Yong (Chn)
- Judd Trump (Eng) v David Lilley (Eng)
- Dominic Dale (Wal) v Gerard Greene (NI)
- Michael Holt (Eng) v Chen Zifan (Chn)
- Robert Milkins (Eng) v Sanderson Lam (Eng)
- Ricky Walden (Eng) v Jak Jones (Wal)
- Kyren Wilson (Eng) v Andy Lee (HK)
Wednesday, November 28th at 9:30
- Marco Fu (HK) v Hammad Miah (Eng)
- Jimmy Robertson (Eng) v Jordan Brown (NI)
- Li Hang (Chn) v Lee Walker (Wal)
- Andrew Higginson (Eng) v Nigel Bond (Eng)
- Mark Joyce (Eng) v Niu Zhuang (Chn)
- Liam Highfield (Eng) v Robin Hull (Fin)
- Stuart Bingham (Eng) v James Wattana (Tha)
- Anthony Hamilton (Eng) v Rod Lawler (Eng)
Wednesday, November 28th at 14:30
- Shaun Murphy (Eng) v Chen Feilong (Chn)
- Ryan Day (Wal) v Joe O’Connor (Eng)
- Joe Perry (Eng) v John Astley (Eng)
- Tom Ford (Eng) v Craig Steadman (Eng)
- Alan McManus (Sco) v Alexander Ursenbacher (Swi)
- Akani Songsermsawad (Tha) v Eden Sharav (Sco)
- Michael White (Wal) v Joe Swail (NI)
- Graeme Dott (Sco) v Oliver Lines (Eng)
Wednesday, November 28th at 19:30
- John Higgins (Sco) v Dechawat Poomjaeng (Tha)
- David Gilbert (Eng) v Ashley Carty (Eng)
- Stuart Carrington(Eng) v Paul Davison (Eng)
- Mike Dunn (Eng) v Allan Taylor (Eng)
- Gary Wilson (Eng) v Billy Joe Castle (Eng)
- Mark Allen (NI) v Basem Eltahhan (Egy)
- Martin Gould (Eng) v Harvey Chandler (Eng)
- Thepchaiya Un-Nooh (Tha) v Jimmy White (Eng)
Thursday, November 29th at 09:30
- Xiao Guodong (Chn) v Sean O’Sullivan (Eng)
- Luca Brecel (Bel) v Fan Zhengyi (Chn)
- Yan Bingtao (Chn) v Lukas Kleckers (Ger)
- Robbie Williams (Eng) v Ian Burns (Eng)
- Rory McLeod (Eng) v Peter Lines (Eng)
- Hossein Vafaei (Irn) v Ashley Hugill (Eng)
- Matthew Stevens (Wal) v Ross Muir (Sco)
- Stephen Maguire (Sco) v Simon Lichtenberg (Ger)
Thursday, November 29th at 14:30
- Ronnie O’Sullivan(Eng) v Luke Simmonds (Eng)
- Mark Davis (Eng) v Sam Craigie (Eng)
- Fergal O’Brien (Ire) v Mei Xi Wen (Chn)
- Mark King (Eng) v Elliot Slessor (Eng)
- Peter Ebdon (Eng) v Chris Totten (Sco)
- Liang Wenbo (Chn) v Sam Baird (Eng)
- Barry Hawkins (Eng) v Jamie Clarke (Wal)
- Chris Wakelin (Eng) v Duane Jones (Wal)
Thursday, November 29th at 19:30
- Anthony McGill (Sco) v Lu Ning (Chn)
- Mark Selby (Eng) v James Cahill (Eng)
- Kurt Maflin (Eng) v Zhang Anda (Chn)
- Ali Carter (Eng) v Thor Chuan Leong (Mas)
- Scott Donaldson (Sco) v Li Yuan (Chn)
- Noppon Saengkham (Tha) v Hamza Akbar (Pkn)
- Daniel Wells (Wal) v Zhao Xintong (Chn)
- Mark Williams (Wal) v Adam Duffy (Eng)
Watch The 2018 UK Snooker Championship Live – Summing Up
The full live matches will be available on the BBC iPlayer for streaming. If you’re unfortunate to be living outside the UK, then you should invest in a VPN and stream the championship live anywhere abroad.