The State of Origin series, an annual rugby league football match series between the New South Wales Blues (NSW) and the Queensland Maroons, is set to kick off today, June 6. The best-of-three series, which will conclude on June 11, is often described as Australia’s premier sporting event and the pinnacle of rugby league.
The game will be broadcast on 9Now and Sky Sports and will be accessible exclusively to people residing in Australia and the UK, respectively. Although those channels have geo-blocked their broadcast, you would still be able to catch the games on a variety of platforms – PC or Mac, Android or iOS, Apple TV, Roku, Amazon Fire Stick, as well as gaming consoles PS4 and Xbox One – from anywhere in the world.
All you would need to do is to trick either of these channels into believing that you are residing in either of their respective countries. A Virtual Private Network, or VPN for short, does exactly that.
VPNs route your data through their remote servers network, shedding your original IP in the process and assigning a new one. In layman’s terms, if you want to appear as if you’re living in Australia, simply use a VPN to route your traffic through an Australian server.
Implementing this trick is as simple as describing it. Simply…
- Download and install a VPN service. We recommend that you install BulletVPN. It is secure, easy to use, runs servers in both Australia and the UK, can be set up on a multitude of devices, and, most importantly, very fast. Speed is particularly important in this instance as you would be streaming video. You wouldn’t want your connection to jitter at any critical moments during the game
- Run the VPN, connect to an Australian server and head over to 9Now. Alternatively, you could connect to a UK server and open your Sky Go app.
- Sit back and enjoy the game.
A quick reminder of the series’ schedule:
- Game 1 will take place today, at the Melbourne Cricket Ground, VIC, Australia
- Game 2 will take place on Sunday, the 24th of June, 2018, at the ANZ Stadium Sydney, NSW, Australia
- Game 3 is scheduled for Wednesday, July 11, 2018, at the Suncorp Stadium Brisbane, QLD, Australia, Australia
All three games will kick-off at 8 pm AEST, or 11 am GMT
Aside from BulletVPN, there is a number of alternative VPNs available too. Have a look:
|[tbl_rating reviewid=856]||[tbl_stats reviewid=856]|
|[tbl_rating reviewid=1453]||[tbl_stats reviewid=1453]|
|[tbl_rating reviewid=1156]||[tbl_stats reviewid=1156]|
|[tbl_rating reviewid=1296]||[tbl_stats reviewid=1296]|
|[tbl_rating reviewid=1507]||[tbl_stats reviewid=1507]|
Since 1982. Queensland, who have dominated the series for the past 11 years, leads the score with 21 wins. New South Wales, on the other hand, has a lot of catching up to do, commanding 13 wins. Who do you think will come out on top this year? Will NSW close the gap, or will Queensland cement their dominance even further?